Iron is the most common nutrient deficiency in the world and most people aren’t getting enough iron from diet alone.
That’s why we teamed up with actress, mom and founder of “Real Girl’s Kitchen,” Haylie Duff, to create this iron-rich recipe inspired by the great orange flavor of new Fergon® Iron Restore™ chewable tablets.
This refreshing, colorful and iron-packed salad is perfect for the summer months! Plus, it takes no time at all to toss together.
Green Bean, Arugula, Orange and Hazelnut Salad
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 medium fennel bulb with stalks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped blanched hazelnuts, toasted
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
How to Make It:
- Heat 6 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan over high heat; bring to a boil. Add beans, cover, and cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Immediately plunge beans into a bowl of ice water; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange arugula in a large salad bowl. Peel and section oranges. Thinly slice fennel bulb; add to bowl with beans, arugula and orange segments. Finely chop 1 tablespoon fennel fronds, and set aside. (Discard fennel stalks.)
- Whisk together olive oil, shallot, rice vinegar, orange zest, sugar, salt & pepper in a small bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over green bean mixture; toss gently to combine. Transfer salad to a serving platter, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Top with hazelnuts, goat cheese, and reserved fennel fronds.
Want to add more iron to your diet and have an impact while you're at it?
Now, you can add positive energy to your day by getting and giving iron to those in need. With every purchase of new Fergon® Iron Restore™, we're donating a three-month supply of Fergon® classic iron supplements to Operation Blessing. This organization is dedicated to helping women and children get the essential nutrients they need around the globe. Feel good, do good and join the conversation online using hashtag #RestoreMoreGiving.